Friday, March 02, 2007
Welcome to the Jungle!
Today we got a lobby full of new plants.

Also, we got a question answered.

Q - How long after Christmas can you keep a poinsettia on your desk without getting a very polite note on your monitor from My Homie in Marketing (who is responsible for keeping the place looking professional) that Captain Josef is "disrupting the feng shui of the lobby," and perhaps he could retire to a nice sunny kitchen window?

A - 67 days.


I must confess that I understand, and Captain Josef will be retiring from public service today. It's ok. It's time. I'll give him a nice gold watch.

Meet the new lobby plants. I've always said this lobby was a greenhouse, it was just missing it's plants. Missing no longer.
Some of the pictures are a bit overexposed, and oddly cropped, because I'm trying to avoid company logos, and a subsequent doocing. It was hard, since what doesn't have a logo on it, is shiny and reflects one. Bare with me. And feel free to suggest names for the plants.





The denizens of my desk and I? We feel right at home, here in the jungle.

Labels: , , , , , ,



6 Comments:

Blogger Minoa said...

The palm tree's name begins with a 'B' and you should call him Senor B---

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

Absolutely correct.

I didn't know that before you told me, but I know it's the correct answer.

10 points, and a gold star sticker.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First plant; if you look at the one striped leaf in the middle where the orange leaf hangs down and kinda touches? It looks like a cobra hiding in the plant.

To me it does anyhow.

So I would like to nominate the name Cobra, to that plant.

Nickname: Cobie.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaurgh. I can't get this song out of my head now. And the visions of spandex and big hair.... oh lordie... the visions will haunt me all weekend.

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

DD - I LIKE that suggestion. Very much.

Norma - Hee. Sorry. Hee-hee.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should name the plant by the glass case Howard.
That name just screamed out at me when I saw him.

:P

I was just looking through some of my favorited links and gee...I'd forgotten all about your myspace.
I was gonna give you a kiss for Valentines day, but Richard so totally pissed me off when I stopped by for lunch, that I just didn't do it.

Post a Comment

<< Home