Thursday, March 15, 2007
Totally better than onions.
I drew a great assignment for tomorrow's potluck here at work.

Green Jello!

This could be fun. I think I'll make jigglers just for an excuse to use my new cookie cutters.

The cool part is that I don't think the green jello will have any side effects, such as convincing my neighbors I'm insane, like that whole onion incident. Wait, maybe that's the sad part. Maybe I'll use up the leftover halloween candy, all those gummy fingers and ears, throw those in the jello, and leave some for the neighbors. I have a reputation to maintain now.

But seriously. Anybody got ideas on how to jazz it up a bit?

Maybe make it with vodka and not warn anybody? Maybe bring it in a giant tub and see if anyone wants to wrestle?



I found this picture while looking for jello recipes, and it slays me.
But again, back to my point.
Any ideas on how to make it more St. Patrick's Day-ish?

Labels: , , , ,



9 Comments:

Blogger Minoa said...

Easily add the gummi worms to represent 'snakes'.

Green Jello - the only rubber an Irishman can use.

Shamrock sprinkles.

Make them into short tubes with a splash of whipcream on one end. Call them Leprechaun Hot Dogs. Or...Leprechaun Jimmies. Or... > : )

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sneak in some wacky tabacky. After your coworkers eat it they will hallucinate leprechauns and chase the rainbows while giggling.

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

I knew I could count on you guys. I want to do all of the above.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the thought of Leprechaun hot dogs actually made me throw up in my mouth a little.

But I think that's just because I'm not a big weenie fan. I don't think it has anything to do with the leprechaun part.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got any real Leperchaun's hanging around the house?

Now that would make it the very best St.P Day jello ever!

Although, I can't imagine what it would taste like.

Blogger Bake Town said...

Make it with Irish Whisky.

Put a corned beef roast in the mold before it sets.

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

Hee. I think I'll put cabbage in one, and a corned beef roast in the other.

And whiskey in both. Of course.

Blogger PomHeart said...

http://www.lileks.com/institute/gallery/jello/index.html

oh the fun we can have with jello.

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

*nods* I bought some extra to play around at home with.

Post a Comment

<< Home