Sarah Smile - "I forget the club password, but can I still come in?"
Really Tall Engineer - *does secret handshake*
Sarah Smile - "[OFE, you know what this Clubicle(TM) needs? Glow in the dark stickers. Star ones. I have some. I'll bring them in. OH! And glow in the dark pony stickers. I'll bring them in tomorrow! That'll be sweet!"
Only Female Engineer - "Actually, they're supposed to fix it today."
Sarah Smile - "What? Why? Wouldn't you rather have a Clubicle(TM) with glow in the dark pony stickers? If it gets you a pony, don't fix it!"
Only Female Engineer and Really Tall Engineer - *laughs*
Sarah Smile - "You know, that's actually the second time in my life that that has been my motto."
Labels: actual conversations, glow in the dark, I love my job, OFE, RTE, shiny things, work





7 Comments:
Sarah Smile - "I forget the club password, but can I still come in?"
Sadly, this is what I often say to my son upon opening his bedroom door. Even sadder, his reply is no.
But! You have renewed my hopes. I will offer him a pony next time.
It might just be crazy enough to work.
I can't imagine how it WOULDN'T work.
daydreamer.. that reminds me of my son's room (6 and 7). They made a sign and put it up on their door that says, "No gurls aloud." So then it was bedtime.
ME: "Oh, oh, I can't tuck you in and read your bedtime story today."
THEM: "Why not?"
ME: "Because you have a sign on your door that says no girls are allowed."
THEM: in a frustated voice "YOU are not a girl.. you're a MOM. The sign is not for you. DUH!"
Awwwwwwwwwww.
I guess once you're a mom, you stop being a girl. Who knew? Not me!
Heee Norma! My son had the same door sign. Sadly, I am the only girl in the house so I told him that he should have saved himself some time and wrote "mom" insted of "girl."
He rolled his eyes and said, "It's only a one letter difference."
Who knew?
Post a Comment
<< Home