Thursday, December 21, 2006
I'm Very Content With Life At The Moment.
I think we all know about my platonic crush on my boss (no, seriously, not like that. He's, like, a grown-up, ew). I'm convinced he's one of the loveliest bosses to ever grace a leather swivel chair.

And no, I have no reason to suspect he's reading this (but just in case you are, sir, don't worry, I'll get back to those office supply orders right after this, cross my heart).

Here's my newest reason to heart him, to end this post and get those supply orders done, to nonchalantly slip into my veryvery bestest phone voice when he passes through the lobby, and preen just a little.
It's exactly what I would have asked Santa for, if Santa hadn't cut me off after "And I wanna dance with Fred Astaire," and reminded me that a lot of kids were waiting for their turn and that I was kinda hurting his knee.
Tea! In handy little bags that fit the tea strainer in the mug!
And yes! A tea strainer in the mug!
Scone mix!
And a doggie tree ornament to top it all off!
This all makes me a Very Smiley Sarah.

Also (yes, we're not done!) there is the matter of my lunch. The lunch Nick made for me last night while I was out launching my karaoke career at Coworkers M and J's place. It's squash, it's tomato saucy goodness, it's love in tupperware. It's also mostly gone already. SO GOOD.

And then there is this. (Still more goodies!) A gift from another coworker, such an absolute sweetheart, who every year gives me some festive goodies and a note telling me she enjoys working with me. I love the glaze, I love the smiling snowmen, and I especially love that if you put it on your desk and stare at it awhile, it appears that the snowmen are shoving Christmas trees up each other's bums.
And if that doesn't give you a festive feeling, nothing will.

Labels: , , , , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home