Monday, March 26, 2007
Dirty, dirty laundry.
Sarah Smile - *lugs in a basket of wet laundry and throws it in the dryer* "So. That was weird."

My Nick - "The laundrymat?"

Sarah Smile - "It was pretty laundrymatish. I mean the people there."

My Nick - "No shit."

Sarah Smile - "Yeah, but not like that. It was all women there today, and they were so freakin' nice to me. Like, they didn't even acknowledge each other, but they fell all over themselves to talk to me. Show me the open washers, tell me to avoid the one with the wooky spin cycle, stuff like that. One woman, with a toddler on her hip, hefted up a giant basket of wet clothes up almost over her head to give me more room to pass by her, and I already had plenty of space. It was nice, and almost .......... ok, it was creepy."

My Nick - "It makes perfect sense. You're new. Therefore, you're the only woman that they could each know for sure hadn't slept with their husbands."

Labels: , ,



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG... honestly the only type of laundromat experiences I've ever had are the one with Rachel and Ross on friends... where that mean lady took THEIR washer they were waiting on, and then tried to take that rolling basket thingy.

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

The universe loves me, generally speaking. I have no idea why.

Post a Comment

<< Home