Monday, March 19, 2007
By popular demand.
Yesterday, it was a lovely spring day, and as I finished arranging all my coffee mugs and shot glasses on the kitchen shelves, I figured I'd go out and take a few pictures, satisfy some the curiosity expressed about exactly how many pets we have.

Here's a view from the house.

If I zoom in a bit, you can see our rhinos Lowell and Lily basking in the sun. I'd go closer, but it's mating season and I'm sure you imagine ...

And in addition to our antelope, you can see Slim and Shorty, our giraffes.

I stopped by our mountain goat habitat to see who wanted an ear scratch. All God's creatures need an ear scratch from time to time.

Luca from behind.

This little okapi, Kane, looks kinda emo in his striped knee socks. I made him take his ipod out of his ears for this picture.

I spotted an intruder, and quickly dispatched my deer to take care of him.

They ate him.

Now let me show you some of our birds. That's not poop you see, they've just been burning a lot of candles up there in their lovenest.

Here's Brad, our vulture. He actually prefers eggs benedict to dead things.

Everybody gets along pretty well at our house.

I told Mattie here that I'd give her a herring for every bag of recyclables she turns in to me. We're eco-friendly like that.

I make sure I get to spend quality time with each bird. Here I am gossiping with Constance.

We have real flamigos, because the plastic ones just seemed tacky.

They share the pond with our ducks and ......

..... our catfish.

And here we are, the wildest animals around.

Labels: , , , , ,



5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee!

If it were possible, I have no doubt that this would indeed be what your home was like.

Your writing/ideas always make me laugh.

And if you ever need to send Kane away to live with a relative because he is getting out of hand; you know where you can send him.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haaaaaaaaaa!
You're soooo cute! I just want to take you home and prop you up on my mantle for display. You and your blog would make a great conversation piece for me and all my friends.

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

DD - Hee. I think he'd have fun with you.

Norma - *poses*

Blogger Minoa said...

OMG...please hurry up and move to Mexico so that I can send you some teradactyl eggs.

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

Post a Comment

<< Home