This makes me feel less crazy, although I suppose crazy is a relative term.
'Rez has blogged that she has the phrase "she farted, softly" stuck in her head.
Colsy cops to "hurly burly," and "evil jungle prince," and "cellar door."
Jonny has "a man is bread," and "bollocks to thee" stuck in his head.
I know this because I asked, because I have "the inside is larger than the outside" stuck in my head. It's from The Last Battle by C.S. Lewis, which I read recently while in the tub. Yes, in one bath I read the whole book. I told you I could live in my tub. I'm like Story.

Also, here is the cover of that book, which I loved as a child, and despite it being rather straightforward, I could stare at it endlessly.
Also, for as long as I can remember, I've had the phrase, "Do you know what she DID?" stuck in my head. Whenever I'm not thinking of anything in particular, this floats out of some corner of my brain to fill the void. Why that phrase? I have no idea.
This usually happens in the shower.
Tub, shower, there seems to be a connection.
Perhaps I need a warning label.
Sarah Smile, Crazier When Wet.
I have the vague feeling that I am "she" so perhaps my subconscious is aghast at my own behavior.
Maybe it's like dreams, just some random bit of information I took in, that my brain isn't sure where to file.
I dunno.
What phrases get stuck in your head?
Labels: 'Rezzie, Colsy, confessions, dose of crazy, jonny, quotes





4 Comments:
I start singing "In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning" when I'm in the shower. I think the other week it was "I'm Gonna Wash That Man Right Outta My Hair"
I call them default songs. Songs that float around in my head when there's a second of silence and I have to blurt them out.
For example...
In the shower, where the acoustics are fabulous, the entire soundtrack to Les Miserables (the original Broadway cast production). Loudly. Top of lungs. Echo-ey.
When I'm waiting in line, "I gotta get through this, I gotta get through this, I gotta make gotta make it gotta make it through." Just that. Over and over. Until I sing it out loud.
I'm also very good at getting songs stuck in other people's heads. I pride myself on that. Hee.
Thank you, Rez.
*sings to self*
I gotta get through this...
Yeah, now I have more things stuck in my head.
Post a Comment
<< Home