Friday, February 23, 2007
Little Brown Book
I keep a little leather bound pocket sized notebook with me at all times. When something strikes me as funny or bloggable, I jot it down.
Because in my whirlwind head, it's hard to call the ideas back up at will. I can tell you what year Ohio became a state off the top of my head,* but not something even remotely useful, like my own blog ideas.


So, I have the book. And the notes I take are just designed to jog my memory, it consists of a strange blend of shorthand, keywords and phrases.

I can picture someone finding it and wondering what the hell it was.
I intend to release it as a book of modern poetry after my death.

Today's entry -

Onions
Criticism

Which is sadder?

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to read that dramatically at a poetry reading.




*1803. Mind you, I've never BEEN to Ohio, but of course this fact I remember with no trouble at all.

Labels: ,



3 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

I remember that little brown book, or at least I remember it's predecessor. I'm reading your blog traveling at 120 KMPS on a train to Ottawa. How cool is that!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sooooo need a book thingy. I keep my camera with me, but then I end up with pictures on my computer files that leave me thinking, "hu?"

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

Ikey - Yeah, same book. I use shorthand not just to be quick but because I LOVE my little book and want it to live forever.

Norma - I totally know what you mean.

Post a Comment

<< Home