Thursday, April 19, 2007
It's like the most painless way to have a baby.
For about nine months now, Nick has been collecting parts, genetically engineering his little uberbike.

pink bike

Yesterday his rims arrived, and Nick was so anxious to try out his new truing stand that he jumped from the car before I'd fully stopped in the driveway.

After several hours of labor, I was tired. Watching someone try to braid a couple dozen spokes into a round frame, man, it really wears me out. Putting on the tubeless tires went well. I'd been a little nervous about that part, ever since Nick told me that when his friend Steve had attempted it, the pressure had blown the sticky stuff ALL OVER THE ROOM, in what Steve described as resembling a 40-man jizz fest.

A hilarious mental picture perhaps, but not one I wanted recreated in my living room.

Eventually, I wandered off to bed, and without the aid of an epidural or any other drugs, fell fast asleep.

And when I awoke, we had our new baby.

She's pink and shiny and the most perfect bike ever. We can tell already that she's going to be smart.

There will be lots of pictures to follow. Lots and lots and lots, if I know my Knickers. Pictures here, pictures on his flickr page, and probably pictures in his wallet. Next to the ones of Luca.

Labels: , ,



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Nick and VJ!

What did you name the new bundle of joy?

Blogger Bake Town said...

Bianchi's are great bikes. Italiano!

Blogger Wallet B. Grundle said...

Hooray!! (FINALLY!)

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, I remember that quilt, I think that I may have puked on it at least once. Anyway, Sarah, your blog is so badass that somebody bought the domain: vgreetings.com and put one of those damn evil ad/search sites on it. congrats.

Post a Comment

<< Home