Wednesday, March 14, 2007
A place to wear my boots!
While Nick was at the Tour of California, he stayed at a place called the Madonna Inn. He told me it was the strangest place he'd ever been in his life, and that we HAD to go back, that I HAD to see it.

Today I looked it up, and boy howdy. My boy knows me.

Words seemed to fail him as he resorted to hand gestures to describe it's ......... see, I'm having trouble too.

Perhaps it's best for you to see for yourself.



Each room has it's own theme. Meaning that every room is different, and only one room has a horse chandelier.

One for clocks, one for rocks, one for barrels and one for making my eyes hurt in a good way. Ok, several that make my eyes hurt in a good way, but each one terrifying and wonderful in a unique way. Although the horse one gives it a serious run for the money, I think this one might be my favorite.



I haven't even finished looking at them all yet, and I've already decided that this place is my home. Did anyone see that movie The Haunting, where Lili Taylor decides at the end that the big creepy haunted house had called to her, and needed her?

It's like that. I'm so in love.

Labels: , ,



11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man.. I've always wanted to plan a mega girls weekend there. It's right before Morro Bay and Pismo Beach, and right after San Luis Obispo (wine WINE wine... )

Have you seen some of those rooms? They sleep like 20 people.... or 50, if you're Mexican!

You know... because we Mexicans .... ah never mind. If I have to explain the joke it's not as funny. tee hee!

Blogger melissa said...

Wow.

That's all I've got.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My best friend went to college at Cal Poly Tech in SLO, so when she and a bunch of her college roommates graduated, I went there to help celebrate. After a day at the graduation ceremony,(where we started drinking Bloody Mary's in the a.m.) and then a huge party afterwards, at around 8 p.m. everyone decided that they must take me to see the legendary Madonna Inn. Of course, you can't just walk into the rooms, but the dining room and all other public access areas are decorated with different themes like the bedrooms. So, here we are a half drunk rowdy bunch, walking through the Inn and the boys tell the girls that they have this one bathroom that is set up like a western saloon bathroom, complete with an urinal that is actually one of those long wooden water buckets that they had outside of the saloon for the cowboy's horses tied up outside and of course, we didn't belive them and dared them to show us, which is what they did. It was very amusing when a few very well-to-do looking gentlemen came into the men's bathroom and there we are, girls and boys, giggling away and making jokes about drinking out of the urinal and other such nonsense.

You really have to go. It really is so you!

Blogger Dizzy said...

oh. my. god.


i LOVE it.

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

So lets do it. Girls weekend. You guys are all in, right?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sooooooooooooooooooo there! Just please don't pick that pink room. Or the horse chandelier.. I don't think I could sleep underneath a horses ass!

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

Ok. We'll get you the room with the leprechaun next to the bed.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so in love with the caveman room.

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

Totally. I think that would be an interesting romantic getaway. *eyebrow wiggles*

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yabba-dabba dooooooooooo!

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

Hee. Exactly what I was thinking!

Post a Comment

<< Home