Monday, February 26, 2007
Who missed Nick more? Me or Luca?
Tough to say.
Also, who did Nick miss more, me or Luca? In Nick's own words, "I missed you too of course, but you're not a puppy."

At any rate, on Sunday we went up to the last stage of the Tour of California race in Long Beach, to spare ourselves those last agonizing hours of Nick-less-ness.

On a whim, I stopped off to see my Gramie Darlin' and her dog Roxy. Gramie and Roxy are the perfect pair (next to Luca and Nick of course). They're both adorable, tiny, and charmingly ornery.

As we got to LA* it started to rain and the traffic slowed. Partly because it's LA and gridlock is it's natural state, and partly because no one here knows how to drive in the rain, and I passed a total of three accidents before the traffic thinned out.



I amused myself by taking pictures of myself in the rear view mirror with the flash on, so that I look shiny.
See?


And then I amused myself by filming this very boring vlog. No really, it's shaky and toward the end I actually bore myself, but my hair looks good, and I figure there can never be too much public footage of that.



Once we got up there, there aren't many pictures, mostly because I promptly plastered myself to My Nick's side, so close that any pictures I tried to take of him would have come out blurry. But I do have this picture, taken while Nick was taking down the booth, of Luca and I. I was trying to get him to stand up and put his head there behind the cut-out, but he was having none of it. So I tried to stand on my toes and take a shot, while Luca rolls his eyes at me.


After all, he is a teenager.



*I should specify that I have a rather liberal interpretation of the geographical term LA.
Pretty much everything from past San Diego, north to Bakersfield, is LA in my mind.

Labels: , , , ,



5 Comments:

Blogger Bake Town said...

Greetings from Bakersfield - the city everyone loves to hate. I have the same definition. Anything south of here is LA. Except San Diego of course.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean it isn't?

I wasn't gonna watch the video but I had to check out the hair. Very cute. Good call! Love that lipstick color too. Do you mind sharing the name? I just bought two new lipsticks that I thought were "bold" but ended up looking blah on MY lips. Dammit.

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

BT - I know, right?

Norma - Sure, it's Max Factor and the name just says 330. I'm real happy with it, and I'm picky about lipstick.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that last picture of you and Luca and how that cut out looks like a man with four arms and no head.

I'm glad your Nick is back.

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

I look like the fertility goddess of turtles.

Post a Comment

<< Home