Tuesday, February 13, 2007
Life is short. Buy yourself flowers.
You don't sit around and wait for someone else to buy you cds or cute shoes, do you?
Besides, it's a great way to let those around you who might want to buy you flowers now and then know what your tastes are.
And it's not expensive. The above bouquet cost me around 7 or 8 bucks. The little white ones that look like paper lanterns (no idea what they're called) were only 3 or 4 dollars at Trader Joe's, and white roses were only 4 dollars at Albertsons. The vase on my desk is a sort of evolving bouquet, as one type dies, I take them out, and replace them with whatever new flower I've picked up at the grocery store.

And it does wonders for your state of mind.

Labels: , ,



4 Comments:

Blogger T said...

And having a boyfriend is no reason to stop doing this.

:)

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

Zactly.
In fact, I would suggest that a woman who buys herself flowers is happier, therefore more attractive, therefore more likely to have flowers bought for her.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwww. I used to buy fresh flowers all the time when I was single. Just to use as a centerpiece for my table. Then when I got married my husband would pick some up everytime he went grocery shopping. Hmmmm I don't even remember when we stopped doing that? Thanks for the reminder!

Blogger Minoa said...

I LOVE THOSE WHITE FLOWERS!!!
*feels inspired*
*makes room on desk for a vase*

Post a Comment

<< Home