Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Everything I know about life I learned from teabags.
"The first sign of maturity is the discovery that the volume knob also turns to the left."
- Anonymous

"Ultimately time is all you have, and the idea isn't to save it, but to savor it."
- Ellen Goodman

"There shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart."
- Celia Thaxter

"This is happiness; to be dissolved into something complete and great."
- Willa Cather

"If I were to wish for anything, I should not wish for wealth and power, but for the passionate sense of the potential, for the eye which, ever young and ardent, sees the possible."
- Soren Kierkegaard

"Out behind the house we have "our mountain." Alpinists would chuckle at its diminutive size, but the modest, grassy summit affords an ample perspective of the surrounding country. And why else do we climb, if not for perspective? When the mists in my head rival those of our valley floor on an early spring morning, I know where I need to go: up to where I can see. There is nothing fancy here, I'm afraid. Just my little footnote in the great human striving for clarity. But I must confess to a feeling that some happy magic is at work, when the mists clear and I arrive home, a little wiser, for today."
- David Jacoby

"Wisdom is like a baobab tree; no one individual can embrace it."
- David Lloyd George

"Saying nothing .... sometimes says the most."
- Emily Dickinson

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"There is no charm equal to tenderness of heart."
- Jane Austen

"Leisure, some degree of it, is necessary to the health of every man's spirit."
- Harriet Martineau

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home