Friday, December 29, 2006
Mexico, Here I Come.
Ok, so we planned this trip before we realized it would also be the weekend we'd be moving.

And instead of looking forward to it, it became this logistical nightmare.
No, we couldn't move earlier or later.

Nick said there was no way we should both be sitting at home while the trip (partly already paid for) went on without us, and since it's my tradition with my brother, I should go. I said I wouldn't feel right about partying in Mexico while he's at home schlepping what is mostly my stuff anyway.

So I'm going by myself, and coming back tomorrow night.
(And another trip with all of us is in the works, 'cause if anybody should have a vacation to Mexico, it's my Knickers.)

Anyway, this morning was the first time since we found out that we're moving that I've been able to think of this as anything but a logistical nightmare.

I'm going to Mexico, baby!
I can taste the street tacos already!

(Sidenote - Oddly enough, "street tacos" is not a euphemism for anything. It actually means a taco purchased from a street vendor. Huh. Odd. Seems like it should mean something else.)

Tonight, I will be sitting in a hot tub with a swim-up bar and a view of the Pacific Ocean. Tomorrow, I will be bartering for churros, silver bracelets and possibly a small burro.
Ahhhhh. Life as it should be.

I leave you with this song.
It's about the new year, three wishes, and good times arriving.
And it's my wish for you.

Labels: , , , ,



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chance of your readers being surprised that you actually come back from Mexico with a burro?

0.00009%

Percentage of readers who believe this burro will be named Todd and has a churro dependancy?

18.3%

Post a Comment

<< Home