Friday, December 22, 2006
It Feels Like A Pajama Day.
Growing up, did your school have pajama days?

Mine did. And if your school didn't, I'm sorry, but that's where all the money for my fancy private school book learnin' went. More pajama days. (Woo-hoo! Thanks Mom and Dad!)

Actually, our school only had one pajama day a year, but we always twisted all the dress up days into pajama days. On Disney character dress up day, everyone came as one of the kids from Peter Pan, and on Halloween, Rip Van Winkle was a popular choice.

Pajama days rocked.


I used to have the perfect pj pants. Flannel, orange and blue. Sadly, they've since gone the way of all good pjs pants, and after a long life they wore out and now reside in that great clothesline in the sky. But before their much mourned passing, I used to scheme of ways to wear them to work. One nauseous morning found me calling Bunny and asking if she thought they'd pass for plaid pants if I pressed a crease down the front.

I've since got smarter. If you buy them in black, it's much easier to pass them off as 'real clothes.' Now I have a few pairs of 'comfy pants' that sorta bridge that gap between officewear and loungewear. I had the ultimate pair of those as well, that prolly sways in the heavenly breeze on that clothesline in the sky (They actually died a dramatic death, I was informed by a store employee that I 'might be feeling a draft towards the aft,' as she put it.) They were the sort of pants that one could (and I did) fall asleep in at a friends house, get up, got to work in, change into a heeled shoe and go straight out to dinner and a concert (the sort you sit down at, you know, FANCY) and then go home exhausted and fall asleep in again.
They were the holy grail of black 'comfy pants.'
The pairs I'm wearing now aren't quite the superstar that pair was, but they're damn close. What they lack in range of occasion, they make up for in pure comfort. They're a pair of oversized gaucho pants I got last spring at New York Company.
They're so cozy, I have this strange urge to purr.
It feels like a pajama day.

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home