Thursday, December 14, 2006
America's Next Top Model - British Invasion
I like the British version for three reasons.
One, the right girl won. Lucy was so cute!!


Two, watching it has completely altered my voice. I can't stop speaking in a British accent. I think in a British accent. Or rather as Jonny says, it's cured me of my American accent. He staunchly maintains that there is no such thing as a British accent, thats how people are supposed to sound. And he might be correct, because it feels so right.

Thirdly, they showed the entire competition in a two hour special, not spread out over weeks. No torturous waiting, it's all instant gratification. I'm all about instant gratification.


While watching it last night, I finally realized why I enjoy watching the Next Top Model shows. When I watch some of the girls fight and self-sabotage and throw hissy-fits, and are eliminated from the show for it, I am reminded again that even in what is considered a shallow industry, ATTITUDE MATTERS. And I find that very empowering.

Labels: , , ,



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Attitude is everything.

Accents are fashionable.

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

So true and so true.

Post a Comment

<< Home