Monday, March 26, 2007
Why I have so many Mexican flags.
My friend Nick (not to be confused with My Nick) always has fascinating stories. Like the times he babysat the Olsen twins or when a drunken Lisa Loeb tried to stick her tongue down his throat. Stories you would totally doubt unless you knew him. Nick is the sort of person to whom things happen. Happen with a capital H.
And he's had some of the oddest odd jobs imaginable. Like chef, or bicycle thief.

For a while, he was temping for a company that outsourced trash pickup along freeways. He told me that the two most common things he'd find were Mexican flags, and bottle of pee.

Which made me nervous every time he'd tell me he had "found me a present."

Labels: , ,



5 Comments:

Blogger Minoa said...

This makes shopping for you so much easier!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nick knows that these poor flags will have a loving home with VJ.

She is the Angelina Jolie of abandoned Mexican flags.

What a dear.

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

Colsy - Hee.

DD - Totally. Small ones made good placemats.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Viva Guadalajaraaaaaaaaa!
ay ay ayaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy!

*does the Mexican hat dance. Not because it's patriotic, but because it's the only Mexican dance she knows... learned it in Kinder!

Well that, plus it reminds me of Speedy Gonzalez. Andale Andale, Arriba, Arriba!

*giggles....

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

*dances too*

Post a Comment

<< Home