Tuesday, March 27, 2007
In 50 words or less.....
DayDreamer's husband, The Scientist, says that he read that if you say more than 50 words an hour to your cat, you're crazy.

I say that if you stick to the same 50, and just repeat them, you're ok. If you limit your vocab to 50, then you're obviously not seeking the answer to life's mysteries, you're just chatty.

Right?


I counted, and I can say pretty much everything I need to say to my cats in a mere 17 words. No really. I counted. (And alphabetized.)

  1. a
  2. aren’t
  3. come
  4. Dulce/Mau
  5. here
  6. hungry
  7. in
  8. kittykins
  9. lap
  10. little
  11. mama’s
  12. my
  13. pretty/handsome
  14. scratchy-scratch
  15. tuna
  16. want
  17. you

Labels: , , ,



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

To quote Sir Hormones, DD's teen son:
"Well, actually ... at this point I think you're more at the Padded Cell level." crazy.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEE! No matter how you look at it, either way, I'm screwed!

Oh well! I've had three decades to come to terms with it.

(I am impressed with your 17. I for sure would have thought you were at a higher number though. *winks*)

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

Norma - Yeah. I'm nuts. Old news. Hee.

DD - You know it's not about the size of your ................ vocabulary, it's how you use it.
I can talk to my cats for hours with those 17 words.

Post a Comment

<< Home