On Sunday, I figured it really was time for all the boxes to be unpacked. I mean, we've lived there two and a half months now. And I was only sick for one of those months, so really, I'm out of excuses. So I busted my (cute) little (well, maybe not little but certainly endearing and love able) tush and emptied out the last of the boxes. A large percentage I emptied straight into the trash or donation bins because, lets face it, I can't have missed it that much in the past two months or I would have dug it out.
I actually have a usable closet now, instead of a cat fort of boxes overflowing out into the bedroom. Wooo-hoooo! Woooo-hooooo for me! Not so much woooooo-hoooooooo for Mau, who misses the cardboard cat fort. I found a box of blankets that he had somehow burrowed into, like Saddam, or Bin Ladin.
Anyway, as I was doing all this, I got really hot and sweaty. I tried to figure out why. Had I accidentally turned the heat on? That happened once in my old Postage Stamp apartment, the heat was so rarely used that it had been painted over and I only discovered it in the middle of the night when I woke up in what felt like a sauna, because I had accidentally bumped it on earlier while using it to hang a Christmas decoration.
Was the oven on? Were all the appliances heating the place up? The heat lamp in the bathroom?
Nope.
I didn't get it until I walked outside.
"OooooooooOOOOooooh. It's hot inside because it's a HOT DAY."





6 Comments:
I am SOOOOO jealous! A hot day where I live is 70! And we rarely get those AND when we do, it's only because the wind has managed to clear the fog, so you have sun but you have very strong winds.
I did choose to live here, so I will end the whine..but still...90's. I would be in heaven.
(I love Mau's little tunneling capabilities! He probably has a hole in the wall somewhere that he keeps covered which leads to some really awesome Kitty Club! He sneaks out while you're sleeping, of course. Don't ask him about it though, because the first rule of Kitty Club is that you don't talk about Kitty Club.)
If by "kitty club" you mean "amassing weapons and overseeing the troops" then I'm definately inclined to believe you. I feed him the good cat food and scratch his chin because I want to be one of the few humans to survive the impending world takeover.
And also, because I wove my widdle kittykins.
I am in no position to assume anything about Mau's activities. In fact, I know nothing and should have never mentioned it to start with. He is completley innocent and any misunderstanding to the contrary is per speculation on my part.
All I know is that he is simply adorable. Probably one of the most adorable kitties in the world. No! THE most adorable kitty in the world.
(Can you ask Mau very nicely to get his henchmen off my back now?)
I have no control over him whatsoever, but your words will probably do the trick. Cats are suckers for flattery.
hahahah
You girls are cracking me up with this conversation. This would make a great movie actually. Or comic book.
Ooooo, lets cast Matt Damon to play Mau.
Post a Comment
<< Home