Friday, February 16, 2007
Lets all tell puke stories.
All the cool kids are doing it these days.

I remember being about five years old and having some sort of stomach flu. I was sitting on the couch, probably listening to a Psalty record and I knew I was about to hurl. (Not because of Psalty the singing Psalm book. I don't think, anyway.)


My mother was on the front porch talking to a neighbor. I walked over to the glass door and tapped on it. She looked over at me, and as if on cue, I puked. Straight at the door. She and the neighbor flinched, in that involuntary way you do even when you know there's glass there. She asked me, why on earth would I come to the front door to puke. It was hard to answer her through my giggling. To this day, it's still funny to me.

Labels: ,



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm at work when I choke on somethint, I think an aspiring? I try to do the universal sign for "HELP ME I'm CHOKING" but for some reason they think I'm kidding? They laugh and say, "oh norma, you're so funny." I give myself the heimlich with my desk. And I throw up the aspirin and the remaining stomcah contents onto my desk. They feel bad for not believing me and clean up my mess.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy smokes... typos galore... I choked on somethinG... maybe an aspiriN

Post a Comment

<< Home