Thursday, January 18, 2007
I Wish I Was Still In That Dream.
Last night, after a long string of nightmares lately, I had a lovely dream.
The second best sort of dream, actually.
(The best are flying dreams.)

The second best kind of dream is the big house dream.
Where I'm exploring a huge house, the sort where you never know what the next room will be.
The sort that always turn out to be haunted in movies.
This one was sorta The Haunting (remember the twirly mirror room? must. have. twirly. mirror. romm.) meets The Shining (that place was AWESOME, I almost wouldn't mind going crazy and killing people), meets that Frank Lloyd Wright house, Falling Water (I'm not a huge FLW buff, but I LOVE that house).
'Cept they're never haunted in my dreams, or maybe only in a good way.
Just huge and furnished and very, very empty.
I get thrills just remembering those sort of dreams, and I do remember them all.

This was a hotel that Nick and I were buying. We were exploring, and we couldn't wait for the realtor to leave, because the bed in the master bedroom suite looked like it would be amazing to jump on.*

(*believe it or not, not a euphemism.)

Labels:



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've inspired me to write a "House Book" series. Oye. I envy your dreams. Want to start an I *heart* Houses fanclub?

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

DD - Tonight I'll close my eyes, cross my fingers and hope you have a big house dream, 'cause they rock.

This house was sorta long and open and ranch house-y in shape, lots of wood carvings, and red accents. Dark, but not at all creepy.

Colsy - I'm totally in.

Post a Comment

<< Home