Tuesday, December 26, 2006
We Three Kings
Following yonder star, up on the hill, Nick, Luca and I set out to see the Christmas lights on Christmas Eve.

Funny how the addition of Christmas lights makes all the other normal lights seem even more festive. The lights on the airstrip next to our place, they reminded me of when I was a kid and I visited my Gramie's house a week after a fire had ripped through the area, and the flowers were starting to grow back in, bright colors against the coal black of the ground. The Christmas lights on the long, low ranch houses on the hill, from a distance looked like tiaras on the draped black velvet of a jewelers case. As you might be able to guess from the above description, there might have been a wee bit 'o schnapps in my cider mug.

It was a bit of a hike, but we loved every minute. Luca made a bajillion new friends. Luca is so used to everyone wanting to pet him, that he doesn't wait for them to ask, he just greets everyone who passes. We even met the Grinch!

By the time we got home (with a half dozen pine cones that Luca picked up) we were all very ready to fall into bed and wait for Santa to come.

Labels: , ,



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love how luca is like, half horse half cuddle monster.

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

I wouldn't say half and half. He's a horse and a cuddle monster.

I know that adds up to more than one dog, but he really is more than one dog, in a sense.

Post a Comment

<< Home