Monday, December 11, 2006
Holiday Meme
1. Hot chocolate or apple cider?
Apple cider, for sure. Anything chocolate makes me break out. And before you tell me that's a myth, that it's not possible, let me just tell that be that as it may, for me, it just does. I could document it if you really need proof. Maybe they're placebo zits, but either way, they're zits, so I keep my chocolate consumption to a minimum. And that's ok with me, I don't actually like it that much. The occasional brownie or M&M and my skin and I are both happy.

2. Turkey or Ham?
Turkey. Ham falls into the same catagory as chocolate for me. I don't dislike it, but I wouldn't really miss it if it were gone.

3. Do you get a Fake or Real cut it yourself christmas tree?
Fake and I'm not ashamed. I don't have to kill a tree, instead I can use and love my "Harry Lee" every year. And he's less flamable. AND I can bend his branches around to securely hold delicate ornaments in place.

4. Decorations on the outside of your house?
Sure. Lights, garlands, bows, poinsettias, that sort of thing. But NEVER those inflatable things. They SCARE me.

5. Snowball fights or sledding?
Sledding. I'll drive up into the mountains just for that. The best is moonlight sledding.

6. Do you like hanging around the fireplace because it's warm?
YES. I hate cold like cats hate water. Warmth is my friend.

7. Do you enjoy going downtown shopping?
Depends on how many other people are also out shopping. I don't mind company, but huge crowds suck the fun out.

8. Favorite Christmas song?
Silent Night.

10. How do you feel about Christmas movies?
The vast majority suck, they're just churned out to give relatives a break from talking to each other. But there are some good ones.

11. When is it too early to start listening to Christmas music?
I would say Halloween, but on rare occasion for no particular reason, I listen to it in the middle of the year, for fun.

12. Stockings before or after presents?
Usually after, because I tend to open my presents before Christmas morning.

13. Carolers, do you or do you not listen to them?
I tip them.

14. Go to someone elses house or they come to you?
Sometimes both, but I like people coming to me.

15. Do you read the Christmas Story the night before christmas?
Yeah, aloud if anyone will listen. This year I think I'll vlog my pets acting it out. Maybe I'll read this aloud.

16. What do you do after presents and dinner?
Play with my new toys. Cuddle.

17. What is your favorite holiday smell?
Hmmm. I don't know what the smell is actually called but when I was a little girl, we had some scented holiday candles. And the rest of the year, when I needed a quick dose of magic, I would go into the closet and sniff the top of the box that held the Christmas decorations. Every now and then I smell a candle that reminds me of that scent.

18. Ice skating or walking around the mall?
Ice skating. I think we all know how I feel about malls.

19. Favorite Christmas memory?
Sitting by myself in Albuquerque, drinking a beer that had been chilled in an ice chest full of the same snow that was softly falling outside the window, the same snow they said wouldn't fall, and declaring independence from traditions that didn't fit me.

20. Favorite Part about winter?
Christmas lights.

21. Ever been kissed under mistletoe?
Oh yes. Which reminds me ........


Goodnight, all.

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home