Wednesday, November 08, 2006
True Story.
I was once riding with a tow truck driver blatantly run a red light, almost hitting two cars, then say "Opps. Well, if I'd killed you back there, your tow would have been free."
I said, "No shit."
He said, "I just wouldn't feel right about charging your next of kin, if you were dead and all. That wouldn't be right."

I told him he was scaring me and he laughed.
I left fingernail marks on his armrest.

We arrived without incident, he unhooked my car and said goodbye.
I said, "I hate you."

He left, whistling.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate him too. And I laughed at your story.

Blogger Thérèse said...

Hee hee. Me too.

My dad once hit a moose, and when he was being towed back to town and riding with the tow truck guy, told him to slow down because he had been in an accident.

"Well, how many accidents have you been in involving moose?"

"Just one."

"Then the odds of you having another are pretty slim, aren't they? Don't worry about it."

And he kept right on speeding.

Maybe there's a law that says that truck towers must be assholes.

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

Wow. I guess they ARE all crazy.

Post a Comment

<< Home