Friday, November 17, 2006
Today I Am Grateful ...
... for new books of poetry, the contents of which I will be entertaining/boring you with, depending on your feelings about poetry.


No Loser, No Weeper

"I hate to lose something,"
then she bent her head
"even a dime, I wish I were dead.
I can't explain it. No more to be said.
Cept I hate to lose something."

"I lost a doll once and cried for a week.
She could open her eyes, and do all but speak.
I believe she was took, by some doll snatching
sneak
I tell you, I hate to lose something."

"A watch of mine once, got up and walked away.
It had twelve numbers on it and for the time of day.
I'll never forget it and all I can say
Is I really hate to lose something."

"Now if I felt that way bout a watch and a toy,
What do you think I feel about my lover-boy?
I ain't threatening you madam, but he is my
evening's joy.
And I mean I really hate to lose something."


Senses of Incecurity

I couldn't tell fact from fiction
or if my dream was true,
The only sure prediction
in this whole world was you.
I'd touched your features inchly
heard love and dared the cost.
The scented spiel reeled me unreal
and found my senses lost.


Come, And Be My Baby
(this one made me think of my Knickers)

The highway is full of big cars
going nowhere fast
And folks is smoking anything that'll burn
Some people wrap their lives around a cocktail
glass
And you sit wondering
where you're going to turn
I got it.
Come. And be my baby.

Some prophets say the world is gonna end tomorrow
But others say we've got a week or two
The paper is full of every kind of blooming
horror
And you sit wondering
What you're gonna do
I got it.
Come. And be my baby.


1 Comments:

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

You dream about cool people. I dream about shopping for blankets.

Post a Comment

<< Home