Monday, November 20, 2006
This Weekend I Spent Two Hours Attempting To Convince Nick That A Walk-in Closet Is A Fine Place To Raise A Baby Duck.
What?
It has two windows and everything.

Oh, I know. I know.
And so of course I put the baby duck back in the cage and despite my heartbreak, managed to walk away.
See, of all the animals in the world, I am meltiest for baby ducks.

I had a duck when I was a little girl, her name was Priscilla.
I loved her, and she loved lettuce, and so we got along swimmingly (haha).
And I would give anything to snuggle a widdle baby duck again, with their stubby wings and widdle slappy feet.

*deep sigh*

Why can't they just live in my pocket?


1 Comments:

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

He's not stopping me, really. It's just that he's right (damn him) that it would be difficult to clean up after, meaning less time for it and all my other pets.

So, until I can work out a perfectly raccoon-proof cage, or we move, no baby ducks.

He did say that if I get a baby duck, he gets a monkey.

I agree that that is a perfectly fair arrangement.

Post a Comment

<< Home