Thursday, November 09, 2006
Quess How Many Pets We Have Now.
Thirty-four.

Yep.
We were walking past the pet store and used the excuse of getting a treat for out cats to go in and look at the kitties they have for adoption. After clamping the words "we'll take them all" tightly on the proper side of my teeth, we wandered through the fish section. We did sorta need a pleco for the tank in the bedroom. And then we saw the catfish. Nick had to have a bumblebee goby and I fell for a white and orange feeder goldfish.
Five new fish later, we left.

30. George, the spotted catfish.
31. Ursula, the striped catfish.
32. Amelie, the goldfish.
33. Butters, the goby.
34. And we're still working on a name for the pleco. I kinda wanna name him Bob Dylan but we already have a finch named Bob.

And in case anyone is wondering/considering calling Animal Control, I'll give you the family roll call. The number isn't so scary once you know their names/that they aren't all cats.

  1. Luca, great dane puppy.
  2. Maximus, cat/ruler of all.
  3. Dulce, cat/coffee sweetener.
  4. Miss Cleo, rat/fortune teller.
  5. Mick, parakeet.
  6. Gillian, parakeet/Mick's boss.
  7. Pierce, finch.
  8. Willow, finch.
  9. Hazel, finch.
  10. Maddox, finch.
  11. Meryl, finch.
  12. Irving, finch.
  13. Bevis, finch.
  14. Bob, finch.
  15. Bianca, goldfish.
  16. Luigi, goldfish.
  17. Jochiam, goldfish.
  18. Wallis, goldfish.
  19. Belinda, goldfish.
  20. Rocky, goldfish.
  21. Vinny, pleco.
  22. Portia, zebra danio.
  23. Alleris, zebra danio.
  24. Siren, zebra danio.
  25. Vladamir, zebra danio.
  26. Anastasia, zebra danio.
  27. Johan, zebra danio.
  28. Pacific, beta.
  29. Willzyx, beta.
I think I'll start telling people how many pets I have in terms of weight.
Like, "I have 172 lbs of pet."


5 Comments:

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

You've got a ways to go, but I believe in you!

Blogger Minoa said...

You really need to start keeping a running list of names of your pets on your sidebar.

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

I really do, don't I?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh. my. god. me? i'm totally, totally an animal lover. but the #34 is completely frightening, even if it's in fish. ha!

1) sexy sady- 10 yr. old kitty
2) ringo- 8 mo. old chow/lab
3) yellow hermit crab-self explanatory
4) yellow hermit crabs new friend since his "baby"
died-yup.
5) do three year olds count?
6) does the rustling in my bathroom cabinet whose source i cannot find, but am probably feeding via bathroom products, or something, count?

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

I love hermit crabs! Sadly, mine died. I think I'll get some more soon. 'Cause I obviously don't have enough pets.

Post a Comment

<< Home