Thursday, November 16, 2006
A Post That's Not About Cats.
It's about this site that I mentioned in my last post.
Where they take your loved one's dead body and press it into a diamond.
So you can wear it.
You can wear a dead body around your neck or on one of your fingers.

Seriously creepy, right?

Well, that was my first thought. And I still think that, that it's creepy, but hey. What burial practice isn't creepy?
Having someone's ashes in an urn on your mantle?
It's creepy if you think about it. We're just used to the idea.
Dumping them off a boat to be fish food?
Creepy.
Putting someone in a box and letting them become maggot food?
That's creepy. We just accept it because it's "natural."
But hey, fossils becoming coal, and coal becoming diamonds is natural too, just not as common.

So yeah. I still think it's creepy. But I think dead bodies in general are creepy.
Thank God there are people who don't.
We NEED people like that.


7 Comments:

Blogger PomHeart said...

there is an artist who accepts donations of loved ones ashes. she mixes them into a glaze for ceramics. each person creates a hue unique unto themselves. i would like to think that i am a bright lapis lazuli shade of blue.

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

I like to think I would be a pale green or a sunny yellow, or a really deep red, but I have this firm conviction that my ashes would turn some funny color that wouldn't match my loved ones' decor.
I mean, what if I came out PINK?
*shudder*

Blogger PomHeart said...

i'm sure you would be a gorgeous shade of pink and in fact, be such a glorious shade that your loved ones would redecorate the room around your fabulous pinkness.

Blogger Melina said...

my dad's ashes freak my husband out...partially because I STILL take my dad out for lunch on Father's Day. To be honest, I don't know what else to do with them!!

Blogger Minoa said...

I'm still up for a Viking Funeral.

Blogger PomHeart said...

my uncle put his dad (my grampa) in a big red toolbox and added some dirt from Greece (where my grampa was from) it's on his mantle. my grampa was a bit of a construction man.

i would suggest doing something with his ashes that makes you remember him. or just keep taking him out to lunch to freak out hubby dearest.

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

Yeah, I figure since it's all creepy in a way, who cares? Do whatever makes you feel better!
I think those are all lovely ideas.
Personally, I want my ashes put in fireworks and lit off, some warm summer night.

Post a Comment

<< Home