Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Ask Miss VJ
Dear Miss VJ,
Question: Is it slutty to make out with one guy and then sleep in the same bed as another one?
To complicate things: the first guy likes me, I like the second guy but he's in love with his bitch of an ex back home.
Signed,
Conflicted Coed in Connecticut


*taps a keg*

*ties a flannel around the waist and puts on some Lisa Loeb glasses*


Dear Conflicted Cutie Coed,

Girrrrl, I can help.
I wrote my thesis on sluttiness. I got an A+ on it too, although I believe that reflected the quality of my research more than the quality of my writing.
Tee hee. I miss college.

Miss VJ has two rules about what what's slutty and what isn't.
First rule has to do with other people's perceptions, namely the two guys involved ('cause it really isn't anyone else's business). Being slutty is considered a breach of good manners, impolite, if you will. And the thing about manners is that it generally only dictates what you do in public.
I'm rambling. Suffice it to say, unless you did it in full view of the other, no, it was not slutty.

Second rule has to do with you, and how you classify your own actions. To be 'slutty' really just means to imply an intimacy you don't actually feel, or to do something you don't really want to do for some ulterior motive. So lets break it down. First guy. I imagine you enjoyed making out with him or you wouldn't have done it. Sure, he does like you, but you didn't sign a contract. You kissed him. And nobody is going to understand a non-committal kiss better than a college boy. He's prolly just happy you kissed him. Calling you slutty for kissing anybody else is like me calling Heath Ledger slutty for kissing his wife. Just because one party wants a commitment doesn't mean they got it. You're totally in the clear.
Second guy. Pretty much the same deal. Unless the first guy is his roommate and it was rubbed in his face, don't worry about it.
You're a single girl, and as long as you're decent and polite about it, it's nobody's business but your own what you do and with who.
As for how you feel about it yourself, well you acted like a girl who's a little conflicted in her feelings, which is what you are. No crime there, chica. It's easier to sort out your feelings if you're not complicating it with an unnecessary layer of guilt.
As for the timing, as I take it these events happened fairly close together, it's prolly just a coincidence. I mean, do you kiss one boy and crash with another EVERY night? I'm guessing not, you'd never get anything done, and would prolly get a refund on your dorm rent.
So go enjoy yourself.
Kiss a cute college boy for me!
No wait.
Never mind.
I'll do it for myself.

Adorably,
Miss VJ


*remembers she doesn't like beer*

*downs four jello shots*


Next question, please.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home