Friday, October 27, 2006
It's That Time.
It's time to pretend that it's cold outside. In the great festival of denial that marks the holidays here in southern California, we sweat it out in tacky sweaters and spray paint our windows white to imitate frost and snow.
And while it's still 80 degrees outside, inside we set the AC to simulate real seasons.
So it's cold inside.

To celebrate this, I toast your health with tea from the newly restocked tea drawer in my desk, and I thought I'd share some teas that I especially enjoy.

I always enjoy teas I find in little ethnic markets, 'specially if the label is written in a language I don't speak. That's adventure in a mug, man.
Stash makes quite a few rather offbeat teas, like the Moroccan Mint Green tea, a less sweet version of mint, with a hint of lemon. It's not so sugary tasting, which I like.
If you prefer a more traditional mint, Trader Joe's makes a great one.
Trader Joe's also makes a good spiced chai, but I gotta warn you, it's strong. Don't let it seep too long.
Their white tea is one of the best I've tried, as well.
Stash also makes Blueberry tea and Licorice tea, two of my favorites, which you really just have to try. The Blueberry also makes a great iced tea.
Good Earth makes my favorite green tea, and their Red Tea Raspberry gives Celestial Seasonings' Madagascar Vanilla Red tea a run for the money.
I got a good Chrysanthemum tea from the Sweet Garden Co, at my local Asian market. Don't disdain the instant teas.
If you're looking for a more traditional, simple sort of tea, Good Earth's Original tea is great, and you even get a little saying on the teabag tag, such as "Everything I did in my life that worthwhile I caught hell for. - Earl Warren"

And what more could you really ask for?
*raises mug of the Madagascar Vanilla Red tea*
Happy sipping.


1 Comments:

Blogger michael.dufel said...

Well, I must simply chime in since I am also a fan of tea. I'm with you 100% on the Blueberry and Licorice teas. I'm a huge fan of licorice, so finding a licorice tea was fantasmic. I tried the Madagascar Vanilla Red on your suggestion, and I didn't particularly care for it. On the other hand, I actually like the lemon ginger Stash tea. It took a little getting used to as its quite an acquired taste. I once tried one of the White teas, and they simply don't have enough flavor for my taste.

I notice that you don't have any black teas in your list. What a shame; there is nothing quite like a good cup of earl grey while pondering some complex programming challenge. Actually, I have not found a black tea I didn't like.

oh yeah, Constant Comment makes a pretty good orange/spice tea.

Post a Comment

<< Home