Thursday, October 26, 2006
I Wish ...
.... that every day I could go back in time for a six minute passing period at my old high school.

I wish that I could shrug on my blue LL Bean backpack, and find myself walking out of Honors Geometry, scrawny and 16, with my white knee socks and more freckles. I wish Roger would fall in next to me, and we'd trudge on down the hill to Spanish II.

Just like we did 10 years ago, before Roger died.

Those were the six minutes a day when he kept me sane and never forgot to reminded that it was all gonna be ok. When, right before we walked into spanish, he would stop me and smile and look me in the eye when I smiled back, to make sure it was genuine.

And all these years later, every single day, I feel like I'm missing some essential part of my day.
I need those six minutes.
Is that so much to ask?


1 Comments:

Blogger Minoa said...

*smiles*

Post a Comment

<< Home