Friday, October 13, 2006
Because We Are Out Of Our Effing Minds.
And because Matilda, the bulldog we tried to adopt, well, the family decided to keep her after all. And because I like chaos.
And because we planned on replacing the carpet in a year anyway.
But mostly because of that first reason. We are out of our minds.

So tonight we pick up our very own great dane puppy!!

And in all seriousness, we have thought about this for a long time, what it mean, what it will cost, what it will do (to our couches). We're appropriately terrified, prepared and EXCITED.

Nick has spent the last 24 hours walking around with a huge grin, occasionally saying "PUPPY!!" It's so freakin cute.
I'm certain Dulce will be terrified until she realizes that the dog has the exact same personality and love of cuddling that she does.
Mau will be happy to have something else to boss around and chase.

We picked out our puppy last night.
Of the four puppies, we chose the most responsive one. When I tapped his nose or snapped my fingers, he looked me in the eye. He didn't thrash when I picked him up, and he was the least chomp-y of them all. He's 11 weeks old, and his paws are already bigger than my palm.
He's a brindle, very black on the face, practically tiger striped on his body.

I'm so excited!

We haven't picked out a name yet, we're still working on that. Actually we're kinda in a hurry before the nickname we gave him sticks.
"Gobbles!!"



Wish us luck.



3 Comments:

Blogger SG said...

Let me be the first to wish you GOOD LUCK with your puppy!!! That is SO exciting.

Your new home sounds lovely, I wish you much happiness in it.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay on the puppy news!! My son's best friend and his family have a Great Dane and it is the friendliest, sweetest, most wonderful dog ever. Really big with a bigger personality. I hear that is quite common among the breed.
Wishing you all much love and fun times with all the "newness" going on with your lives.
Can't wait to see pictures and hear the name you pick out for the pup. I know it will be interesting!

Blogger Wallet B. Grundle said...

Good luck, best wishes, and congratuations. Danes are awesome dogs! They can be shy if they're not well-socialized, but even then they're snugglebeasts. And I do mean beasts -- Waylon is still a puppy and he's at least three feet tall at the shoulder. I'm with Amber: I expect pix. Congrats and hooray!

Post a Comment

<< Home