Tuesday, October 24, 2006
Another Actual Conversation
Sarah Smile says:
Three people who smell like urine just wandered in and asked for four applications.

miss kendra says:
gross

Sarah Smile says:They don't look homeless, they look like the sort of stoner losers who would pee on themselves.

miss kendra says:
thats still pretty bad. if you're peeing on yourself, you have problems.

Sarah Smile says:
No kidding.
I don't actually keep applications here, since we mostly hire through employment agencies, and people with resumes.
So I had to call back to HR to bring some up.
So they're just sitting here, in the lobby, smelling like pee.
I dunno, maybe it's just one of them, I can't tell.
Pee and cigarettes and hangover sweat.
It's REALLY strong.

miss kendra says:
gross
you should suggest they take showers before returning. politely, but still.

Sarah Smile says:
I keep holding my coffee mug under my nose as if I'm blowing on it.
I figure that falls under the 'If they don't already know, would anyone here appreciate working with them' catagory.
I think they should be doing something outside, perhaps.
Where the smell could dissapate.
Oh god.
They're staying to fill them out here.
It's a four page application, and I'm out of scented candles.

miss kendra says:
i'm so sorry

Sarah Smile says:
I would take my lunch break, but I'm not leaving these wackos here.
One of them decided to fill it out on the corner of my desk.
And kick it with his foot repeatedly and say "Ow" each time.
I looked at him and he wandered off to the coffee table.
Am I on camera?

miss kendra says:
i hope so

Sarah Smile says:
Me too.
Everyone passing through the lobby is looking to me for an explanation.
I forgot to mention, the fourth one wandered in.
He's old.
The one that was kicking my desk just handed me his application.
It appears he's never had a job before.

miss kendra says:
excellent. he should be finished filling that thing out soon.

Sarah Smile says:
Good.
He scares me. He looked pointedly at my boobs and then clicked his teeth together a couple times.
Dear God, please tell me I'm on camera.

*pause*

Sarah Smile says:
I kid you not, the one that borrowed a pen just handed it back and it was STICKY.
Thank god for wet naps.
They've handed them all in.
WHY ARE THEY STILL SITTING HERE??



Dear Internet, if this is my last post for a couple days, please send in a urine sniffing dog to find my attackers.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh VJ this is hilarious!

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

DD - You understand. Bless you.

Ikeums - I really thought I was on camera.

Post a Comment

<< Home