Tuesday, September 05, 2006
So Then I Said .....
........."The distance we traveled to get here, it's not so much in miles as it is in time."

Sat. night, Lola and Nick and I were bored and decided to take a drive.

It was warm, the moon was out, and Burger King was open. (yay!)
We drove around a lake, and out into the mountains toward the desert.
We stopped at a view point to look at the stars. Lola found a trail and wandered off a bit, so I made good use of the time to kiss my Nick under a shooting star.

We wound our way up Sunrise Highway for a bit.
Then on our way back, we took an old highway, and passed the Pine Valley Saloon.
I said, "Guys, wanna stop? It's a saloon."

It was like walking back in time.
A poster greeted us by the door, something straight out of a 50's lounge act. "Jonny Long and his six stringed buddy."
It was so retro, without effort or even awareness of being retro.
A very large couple was dancing. I overheard that it was their honeymoon.

The food was excellent. The waitress, well ......
"Ok, there's your food. Can I bring you anything else?"
"Silverware would be nice."

Jonny Long and his tiny little victorianly dressed wife stopped by our table to say hello. He let us know that he plays there every Sat. evening from 6-9pm.
So all that to say, that although Dec. is a long way off, I've decided something.
My birthday party is going to be at the Pine Valley Saloon, on a Sat. from 6-9pm.
Bring your own silverware.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home