Friday, September 01, 2006
Monday, Marriage and Miss Kendra
Monday morning we slept in a bit, and had coffee and gossip with Rose.
Rose has a coffee mug with a woman's face painted on the inside, so every sip involved gazing soulfully into her painted face. It was a deliciously odd sensation.

We gossiped and chatted, then took off, hoping to catch the ferry to Alcatraz. Sadly they were sold out, and this is as close as we got.


We parked in the seagull poop section at Fisherman's Wharf, and took a cable car back to Chinatown, so I could buy more postcards for MyNick. (Our new favorite hobby is to add thought and speak bubbles to postcards, saying funny things. MyNick is much better at this than me.)
At one of the stops, I bought finger puppets from a South American woman. A parrot, a giraffe and a vulture.


Not pictured, the "Do Not Lean Out of the Cable Car" sign.

Can I just say how much I heart Chinatown? If they'd sold a shirt that says "I heart Chinatown", I'd totally have bought one. Oddly enough, this is one of the few things Chinatown does not sell. All in all, my Chinatown loot included soap, two little dishes - one with a owl on it, one with a crab, a silk fabric covered journal, a pair of pearly and red earrings, and a luscious green silk wrap.




After that, we started driving inland to Sonora.
We stopped to get gas and to let the warmth of August seep back into our bones.
(Seriously, next time I meet a meteorologist, I'm gonna make him or her explain to me how San Francisco can be so freakishly cold in August.)
The drive was beautiful, but since I can't take pictures as I drive, I choose to live.

As we neared the location of the wedding, we pulled over in a deserted area to change. Too bad it didn't occur to me that people would drive by as we changed. Nothing like walking into a wedding and realizing that half of the guests saw you changing a few minutes ago.
*shrug*
Good thing I have no shame.

I didn't want to distract and/or be distracted by my camera, so I don't have any photos of the wedding, but I do have a sketch of the site, done by another guest, Brian.

I've never seen my baby Bug look so happy.

The drive home from Sonora was long and dark, but well worth it to snuggle into the sleepy arms of MyNick, who hadn't expected to see me until he got home from work that night.

While he went to work, I crashed out and slept, then eased myself back in the world of awakeness by soaking in the bathtub for a few hours.

It was good to get away.
And it was good to come home.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great trip! I love San Fran. Before I moved to the North Coast, I spent almost every weekend there. I love where I live now, but I truely miss San Fran. I live on the coast and the weather here is exactly like San Fran. It never really gets hot there or here, even in Summer. Something to do with the coast. Except during freak weather.

Post a Comment

<< Home