Monday, September 18, 2006
I'm Ageless. Apparently.
So I'm at Pete's 12th birthday party.
The boys are re-enacting a battle scene, from LOTR or Star Wars, I'm not sure which. Bunny and I fill up a bunch of water ballons and come around the corner of the house. One of Pete's friends sends up the alarm.
"It's the MOMS!!"
"The moms have water ballons!"
"Ahhhh, run!"

I turned to Bunny. "I'm a mom?"
She laughed.
I asked, "Can I use your phone? I need to go scare the crap outta a few people. I'm a mom!!"

I was happy. Maybe I'm finally looking my age.
But then later one of the mothers and I were chatting when she came to pick up her son.
She told me that when she dropped her son off, she almost made her daughter stay too, because she felt sorry for me being the only girl there, playing with all the boys.
She almost passed out when I told her I was 25.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home