Wednesday, September 13, 2006
God Is In The Details.
This is really geared towards to ones of us that love to look through people's wallets. We know who we are. The rest of you will prolly die of boredom, and I apologize.


The last time I did this, there was a startling about of controversy, mostly centering on whether or not I had found Noah's Ark and was using it as a purse. Some people felt that the number of items inside necessited a much larger purse than I was admitting to.
So, I will start by posting a picture of said purse.

Starting with the side pocket we find -

Driver's licence, with donor sticker.
Health card card
Gift Certificate for a free pair of panties at Victoria's Secret. Lola gave it to me, but I forgot to use it before it expired. Shame.
Credit card
32 pennies, 33 if you count the squished one with a logo of Balboa Park imprinted on it.
One dime.
A twenty and a ten dollar bill.
Two money order stubs.
One form to RSVP to the company picnic.
Nine semi-crumpled recipts. Three to grocery stores, two to department stores, one for my car insurance, one for the mexican food place on the corner, one mystery, and one from the thrift shop we went into last night and bought four of the most random videos we could find.
My ticket stub to Lady in the Water.
Ticket stubs from the cable car and F-Line (where MK accidently humped an englishman)
A coupon for a mexican restaurant. (Expired)
Six business cards, the mexican shop on the corner (11th order of rolled tacos is FREE), Ye Olde Bicycle Place, Ali Baba Restaurant (mostly written in arabic), my doctor's office, a nearby liquor store, and a nearby Lebanese restaurant.
A book of 20 stamps, 'Crops of the Americas,' only 16 left.


Main Pocket One -

One ticket, the sort they use for raffles. Not sure what this is from.
Two more recipts, from grocery stores.
One packet of instant tea, from a friend here at work, who said it was good.
Tiny little coin purse of safety pins.
The little leather notebook in which I jot down names I like and blog ideas when I think of them.
Two pens, one small purple sharpie and the highlighter Mlisso sent me.
One binder clip.
One tin of mints 1/3 full.
One pill box of advil.
One tub of lipstick, 'Rosebarely.'
One chapstick, Avon Care Deeply.
One bottle cap.
One seashell.
Two bobbie pins.


Middle Zippered Pouch -

The cord that connects Nick's camera to the computer.
Three knit finger puppets, giraffe, parrot and vulture.
A keychain of a little asian girl, a gift from the guys at our asian office.
The recipt for Nick's house keys. *smile*


Main Pocket Two -

Work badge and electronic key card.
Tiny first aid kit.
The keychain from the car dealer.
Two lotto scratchers, scratched.
Two business cards, a mexican food place and my favorite pet store.
Recipts, from Subway and the Gelato and Crepe Cafe from the last time Lou, Coco and Lola and I all hung out, Sears and Target from that undies buying binge, three more from various grocery stores, one from some store in San Francisco, one more from the mexican place on the corner, and one from Michaels craft store (Lou's birthday present).
Two letters regarding my student loans.
One bill from my credit card company.
Proof of insurance for my car.
A referal from my health insurance company.
The order slip for Robert Fulghum's From Beginning to End from Borders Books. Ooooo, I bet it's in. I know where I'm going tonight.
Three coupons, one for PetSmart, one for coffee, one for hair dye.
A Subway sandwich card, halfway to a free sub!
A post-it note with ZezZee's cell number on it.
And gift certificate for a free tanning session.
Fingernail clippers.
Two more mint tins, one unopened.
One rubber band.
Two hairties.
One piece of green glass Nick found on the beach, that had all edges rubbed smooth.
One gold necklace and matching earrings, a gift from my grandmother.
One toe ring, silver.
One cat-eye marble.

So. What's in yours?


3 Comments:

Blogger Minoa said...

VJ, I think that your purse and my purse should get together and make-out. We have quite similar tastes in 'stuff'. Not only that, but I still have no idea why people didn't believe your purse could hold all of that stuff last time.
The most curious items my purse currently holds are a book and a bracelet of the My Little Pony variety.

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

And this is why we're friends, Colsy.

Blogger melissa said...

~grin~

You carry the hilighter I sent you.

For some unexplainable reason, that totally makes my day.

Post a Comment

<< Home