Thursday, August 24, 2006
Ways To Proactively Waste Time
(by request from 'Rezzie)

Take a long soak in the bathtub.
Make sure you can hear the music, take a magazine, a glass of wine and a sandwich. And the magazine has to be something like US Weekly, no Real Simple or anything you might learn a useful tidbit from.
Anything past 15 minutes cannot be considered cleaning, and is therefore a wanton waste of time.

Expensive trip catalogs.
You know, the sort you can't afford to take.
Plan all the details, down to who will housesit the mansion you don't have either, and what you'll wear to all the gala balls that will be thrown for you on the trip.
By the time you become rich and famous, some other place will have captured your imagination so this is a total waste of time.

Mentally repaint and remodel any houses you've seen that have good bones but tasteless owners. Trust me, nobody lets a stranger fix their tasteless decor unless that stranger has a tv show, so this is a pointless waste of time.

Watching TV for 8 hours is certainly a waste of time, but it's usually accidental, like, "Wow I can't believe I just watched tv all day," and is therefore not proactive. You have to set out with a goal, like tivo-ing a whole season of Most Haunted.
I don't think I need to explain why this is a delicious waste of time.

Reading trashy romance novels (TRNs) is like eating white bread. From a distance it gives the impression of nourishment, but it's just empty calories. Even if you wear smart looking glasses, this is a deceitful waste of time.

And of course, get a blog. But since the side effects can be fame, affirmation and true love, this might not be such a waste after all.


2 Comments:

Blogger Thérèse said...

I wholeheartedly approve of these proactive wastes of time.

I myself have indulged in a few of them, myself. In particular, reading countless TRNs, getting a blog, watching entire seasons of things in a row (most notably, Gilmore Girls), trip daydreaming, and soaking in the bathtub.

Oh my goodness.

I've actually done almost everything on this list already.

Man. Do I feel proud.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog certainly isn't a waste of time!! =D *hugs*

Post a Comment

<< Home