Friday, August 11, 2006
Think Like Mau.
I love the way my cat Mau reacts to impending danger.
If I'm rolling my bike across the floor to it's spot in the bedroom, and he is sprawled out in the only available floorspace between the living room and kitchen and he can SEE you coming, and he knows you can't go around him, he doesn't move at all.
He just glares at the bike like, "Hell no, bitch. I KNOW you don't think you're gonna roll on me."
Even if I act like I'm gonna roll right over him.
I would assume he's just calling my bluff, but on one occasion I didn't see him and was about to step on him by accident but at the last second I glanced down and saw him giving my foot that same glare.

Mau would win at chicken. Every time. Even against a train.

And now whenever I find myself facing someone who is about to trample me in some way, I say to myself, "Think like Mau" and I plant my feet and give my best imitation of his glare.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home