Monday, August 14, 2006
Que Sarah, Sarah
I've decided to blog under my real name.
To explain why, I should start with the reasons I didn't use my real name before.

For one, I never associated my name with anything pleasant.
It was what I heard when I was in trouble, when someone was annoyed with me, when a nurse was calling me out of a waiting room.
But you know what they say about love, it changes everything.
And I certainly can't grind my teeth at the old unpleasant association when my name is being said so lovingly by Nick.
Like so many old wounds and scars, I find them healed, just by loving and being loved.

Secondly, when I started my blog, I thought that my blog and my "real life" could be kept separate.
In a sense, I was using "Valancy Jane" to say things I couldn't or wouldn't say as myself. Thinking that anonymity would mean privacy.
Well, I learned better, and to be honest, thats ok. It forces me to be more honest in my "real life" and only good things can and have come out of that.

If you know me as VJ, please feel free to call me that. And while going to the trouble to change all this on my blog might seem silly, it means something to me.
It feels good, it feels more honest, it feels like owning all my thoughts and words as my own. It feels like hugging my arms to my chest and twirling.


8 Comments:

Blogger Thérèse said...

Hi, Sarah.

*smiles*

Welcome to the other side.

Blogger Minoa said...

Congratulations Sarah!

Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

i don't know what i'll call you.

since i don't want to pick favorites, i'm leaning towards fred.

Blogger Michael said...

I will always know you as Valancy Jane, because I read the Blue Castle and associate you with that wonderful book.

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

Awwww, love you all.
And you can call me anything you like, as long as it's flattering. Or Fred.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations.

Heartwarming story alert!

And I read it while having your myspace open so was listening to that beautiful piece of music!

Thanks for calming me down before I now go off to try and find the land of nod...

Blogger michael.dufel said...

Oh good, now I don't feel quite so alone in using my real name.

Blogger Jm said...

Sarah it is!!

*grins*

Strangely enough I thought you looked like a sarah before I knew what your real name was...

In hebrew tradition as I'm sure you know, giving someone your name meant giving them permission to enter into friendship, so you've given us all an honour sarah...

:-)

Post a Comment

<< Home