Thursday, August 10, 2006
Oh, the Irony. *updated*
It's not lost on me that the exact day I am attempting to walk a fine line between contact and meddling with Nick's (very pretty) family, I get an email from my stepfather which demonstrates exactly what I'm trying so hard NOT to do.


Because of the things you have written about your mom in your blog I decided to write you without your mom knowing. As you can see I'm sending her a copy of this note.
Your mom and I have been married now for over a year and a half and I know she loves you very much. She's not the same person you knew now that she is secure and not depressed. Please consider giving her another chance. She is the only mom you are ever going to have. Bob


Coaching Judeo-Christian Principles with No Fee to You
Bob Garrett


*Update*
What orginally followed was simply me getting a great deal of snark out of my system. While it was terribly theraputic and very, very funny (at least to me), that was its only real purpose, and I'm taking it down.

Now that I've got it all out, I've decided to simply ignore Bob and email my mother that she is, as always, free to contact me anytime. At no cost to her. (Ok, so there was a smidge of snark left.)

Also, and this is unrelated, but I'm eating a delicious pasta dish that Nick made last night for my lunch. Yummmmmmmmm. Thank you baby.


4 Comments:

Blogger Melina said...

Um, I don't know VJ...looks like you're poking an angry dog with a stick with this post. Obviously, I'm a TOTAL outsider, but I'd just disregard the urge to completely vent and write him a simple email that says something like, "If Mom wants to patch things up, I suggest she call, write or come up here and hug me...".

I'm sure (I've read before) that you've attempted to make this reconciliation happen before...sometimes it's better to just cut and run. This is tough for me to say,because like Bob, I really have no room to speak.

PS. Bob, don't come to my blog...I just did a review of sex toys and you'll be disgusted...and yes, I'm well aware, that despite my good natured, happy soul and charitable being, I'm going to Hell :)

VJ, if I stepped on your toes, I apologize and will continue to do so :)

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

Thanks, you're prolly right, Melina.
What I will actually send will simply be an email to my mother, ignoring Bob entirely.

I just kinda had to write that out of my system, and now that it's out, I think I can ignore him.

Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

i think getting it out here was a better idea than actually sending it. also, maybe i wouldn't publish the address of someone who my avid readers might not be really big fans of?

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

You're right, Miss Kendra.
I'm very tempted to turn a blind eye to your point about his address, but the truth is that it will prolly only take about 30 seconds for me to rethink it and take that off.

So if you're jotting it down, GO!

Post a Comment

<< Home