Monday, August 21, 2006
I Don't Have To Like It.


I met Lola at a comedy show. A painfully long, unfunny comedy show.
While we were washing our hands in the ladies room, we chatted to avoid going back to our seats. I made some joke about crashing a baby shower. Her face lit up and she said, "Lets do it!" and a friendship was born.

And since then she's been the sort of friend you can call on a really good day or a really bad day. There aren't many friends like that. A friend who can be honest with you, without judging you. There aren't many friends like that. A pretty girl who isn't afraid to get dirty, a smart girl who doesn't mind making a fool of herself. There aren't many friends like that.

She's moving away.
To Portland.
She's wanted this for awhile now.
And so I want it for her.
And I'll toast the news, plan the goodbye party, wrap her buddha statue in bubble wrap, but I don't have to like it.


3 Comments:

Blogger egan said...

Lola is moving to Portland? Awww, well it's a cool city so you now have a great excuse to visit her. I love the Rose City.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're so fantastic !

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fat???

I don't see any. =S

Post a Comment

<< Home