Tuesday, August 08, 2006
Dear Nick's Family,
Hi.
*runs hands down skirt, wonders if hair is it's usual disaster, and turns a little pigeon-toed*
*deep breath*
*smiles*

I had this sudden realization.
I think I know how my own soon-to-be stepmother prolly feels. (This relates, I swear, just follow me for a sec...) (And hi, Rose.) (That's my soon-to-be stepmother.) (She reads my blog too.) (And seriously, I have a point here.)
Anyway, I imagine she really wants to get to know me and for us to all get along and for me to like her but she knows she can't force anything and that I've lived for all this time without her so why do I need to know her but wouldn't it be nice if I would just like her for who she is?

Anyway, that's how I feel.
About you guys.
Like you're all prolly capable of getting along just fine without me, but I'm hoping you might like me enough to want to know me.

I don't know how to gauge the temperature toward me.
I don't even know which one of you I'm talking to here. My stat counter just says someone in your house reads this.
I don't know if we're waiting for me to make a friendly move.
I don't know if I'm the horrible bitch that lured your son/brother away.
I don't know if we're just playing wait and see.

Maybe you only read my blog because you want to hear about Nick. I actually try to mention him for you guys, so you know he's safe and ok and well-fed and very well-loved.
But I cross my fingers and hope that you see a bit of me here on this blog too.
At the least, you can't deny that I have impeccable taste in men.

And hey, I'm hella nice. I never tattle on other people's secrets and I always have mints in my purse and I never do that horrid gum smack thing when I talk. Kids and animals and old people always like me. I tip generously, and I don't cut people off on the road. I DO sometimes slide a coaster under your drink, but I swear I'm not obnoxious about it.

I'm hoping we could start a conversation. You might find yourself liking me, like I was surprised to like Rose so much. So maybe you could leave a comment. About something neutral and safe and pleasant.
Like, uhm ........... cookies!
Yeah, cookies.
Personally, I'm a gingersnaps or oatmeal raisin kinda girl.

*listens*



-Valancy Jane


10 Comments:

Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

i love gingersnaps and oatmeal raisin.

i vouch for vj, nick's family. you can trust me.

Blogger michael.dufel said...

You're a bit creepy with those server logs.

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

Miss Kendra, we should have a cookie making party.

Dufel, the info is there and true, why do I have to ignore it?

And Krista, thanks for your email.

Blogger michael.dufel said...

It seems a little obsessive compulsive to track who views your blog. I mean, it's not like there is a big sign pointing to a particular viewer. You have to correlate the IP address with someone who has commented before. Of course, some tools can correlate IP addresses with rough geographical locations...

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

How on earth is it obsessive compulsive to read information thats right in front of me? My stat counter flat out tells me exactly where a viewer is. Not like I have to do research or anything.

Blogger melissa said...

I totally agree that you're hella nice. And I'm a perfectly practical person. They'll listen to me!

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

*smile*
I heart you, Mlisso.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Nick's Family,

I do not know Miss VJ personally. But when you read someones blog and you wish you knew them or something about them makes you feel like you know them, they are probably worth knowing.

Just my opinion.

From,
A Perfectly Normal Person Who Thinks VJ And Nick Are The Cutest Thing On The Internet.

P.S. Have you seen their cats? Totally a bonus!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwww....thanks VJ...totally mutual!

I like gingersnaps ALOT. Trader Joe's makes the most awesome triple ginger cookies...I will get some!

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

The only think I like more than gingersnaps is Trader Joes. I wrote Trader Joes a love poem once.

Post a Comment

<< Home