Friday, August 04, 2006
Dear Mel,
I'm not impressed.

It's not about the DUI.
'Cause whatever, you got caught and will have a trial.

It's about your words, and then that apology that managed offend me as both a Jew and a respecter of faith in all it's forms.

"But please know from my heart that I am not an anti-Semite. I am not a bigot. Hatred of any kind goes against my faith."

Would that be the faith that teaches, "By this all men will know that you are my disciple, that you have love one for another"?

Don't use the Catholic faith as supposed evidence that you don't mean what you've been heard saying many times, drunk and sober. Faith isn't put on as a PR move.
I don't care which church's pew you park your ass on on Sundays.
If you want credit for it, you gotta LIVE it, 'cause your words have gotten really cheap.
Hypocrisy is against all our faiths, I believe.

-Valancy Jane


4 Comments:

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

There have been rumors and questionable soundbites for years, that he'd said anti-semitic things, but it's come up recently because during his DUI arrest, he was taped saying some very offensive things, such as that Jews were responsible for all the wars in the world, etc.
It was so bad that some Hollywood people say they won't work with him anymore.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mel is an ass.

And I never thought he was that great of an actor to begin with.

I wish we could all find a way to get along in this world. Hatred and violence are so depressing.

Blogger michael.dufel said...

wow, a religous post

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

Amber, I agree.
And Dufel, it happens.

Post a Comment

<< Home