Monday, August 14, 2006
Armed and Purpled Tongued.
Whenever we go for bike rides, Nick and I stop off at the corner and pick up a couple of slurpees. Partly because we've discovered the wonder and joy the new Purple S'creme flavor at 7-11, and partly because of rude drivers.

See, just about everyone here is very nice and sweet and traffic-savy about bikes, but there is always that one idiot who hasn't figured out that bike are, amazingly enough, allowed in the BIKE LANE. Shocking, I know.

But since they have to roll their window down to yell obscenties and "Get off the road" .......... well, you can prolly guess where I'm going with this.

*giggle*

What? Slushie isn't assault.


6 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

I love you.

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

I love YOU, Ikeums.

Come back and visit.

Blogger CamoBunny said...

i don't get it. "since they have to roll their window down..." what?

you go up and give them a big wet purple-tongue kiss?

Blogger CamoBunny said...

just kidding.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh PLEASE be careful. While you have a sparkling sense of humor, and I am 100% on the side of "oh yeah F#CK YOU @sshole motorist" (I am slightly less kind in my view of my local motorists and their behavior toward bikes) and, really, can think of few things better than purple slushie as a projectile, motorists are an unpredictable bunch. Check out http://www.citynoise.org/article/2770 -- the he-said-she-said of what happened is unimportant; that the issue was a cyclist tossing something into a car and then getting assaulted by the motorist is the point. Please be careful, VJ/Sarah/Fred -- but by no means cut down on your purple slushie intake. That shit's tasty.

Blogger Valancy Jane said...

"Oops."

Post a Comment

<< Home