Friday, July 07, 2006
Two Years Ago Today........
.......... I started a blog, because I wanted -

- to kill some time
- to make new friends
- attention
- to get a look at myself in the mirror of my own writing
- to meet a particular cute boy in Wisconsin.


2600 posts later, you might say I've killed some time.
I've made more friends than I can keep up with, which is a wonderously guilty extravagance.
I've gotten plenty of attention, about a 100 to 1 ratio of love to hate.
I know myself so much better than I did, and I've made sense of my own story.
And that cute boy? *grin* He's not in Wisconsin anymore.

If that's not success, what is?

So many times I've wondered why The Internet is so good to me. I still don't know.
But I love it back, passionately, and want to marry it.


3 Comments:

Blogger beaky said...

wow that's an impressive number of posts! lol

Blogger melissa said...

Congrats, VJ.

*passes bottle of reeeeally good champagne*

Blogger Bake Town said...

It looks like we started at right about the same time. The internet has been good to me too, but no cute boys yet. *sigh* Any suggestions??

Post a Comment

<< Home