Wednesday, July 12, 2006
It Was A Hot Sunday Afternoon.
So what was there to do but take all the stale matzo crackers and taco shells down to the lake for the ducks for a stale multicultural feast?
And how could do that without stopping by Lou's house to see if she was there?
And where else would she be but standing outside with her boyfriend Nick, about to walk down to the lake herself?




Lou said she felt a bit like a priest offering them communion. I promised her that next time we'd bring wine and pour a bit into the lake. I didn't mention that I'd seen a homeless man doing just that earlier.



By the way, Lou, I like your Nick. He appreciates all the right things about you. And I'm glad you like my Nick and his pictures.




I accidently hit a duck in the head. Opps.



I miss having a pet duck. I think Lou needs one too. Couldn't you picture it?



"I find that a duck's opinion of me is greatly influenced by whether or not I have bread." -Mitch Hedberg.



5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, one of my favorite things to do, feed a duck or two. I remember when my son was about four and we went to the Duck Park. There was this duck that keep hogging all the bread and would snap at the other ducks near him that tried to snag themselves a piece. My son watched this activity for a while and looked up at me and said, "I think that Duck needs to go to Pre-school and learn how to share. Or maybe he needs a time out." So cute. He spent the rest of the time trying with all his might to make sure the other ducks got their fair share.

Blogger michael.dufel said...

Santee lakes???

Blogger Lauren said...

this entire thing made me amazingly happy.

heehee.
I'm glad you like my Nick. That day was fun. I say we repeat it relatively soon, but with more stale crackers and more time.
*grin*

Blogger Michael said...

HEY! I'VE BEEN THERE WITH YOU!!!

Blogger Karen said...

nice place!!!!

Post a Comment

<< Home