Friday, July 14, 2006
I Wanna Be Old
For lots of reasons, actually.
But mostly because of senior apartment complexes.

Ok, they're like totally cheaper, all of them allow dogs and cats. They have elavators instead of stairs. And best of all, they have 'planned activities' and 'socials' that include bingo and bus trips to Red Lobster.

I wanna lean off my patio and talk about cats and houseplants with someone named Edna.

I wanna have the exact same conversation about the weather every day with someone named Ed.

I wanna join the morning walking group and hear about the good old days and be patted on the head.

I want neighbors that are both wise and slightly senile.

Can't they make an exception for us, just this once?


1 Comments:

Blogger Minoa said...

I haven't seen the movie 'In Her Shoes' yet, but I think that's what one of the girls does in it...at like the age of 25....

Post a Comment

<< Home