Monday, July 10, 2006
Ask Miss VJ
Dear Ms. VJ-

“You always were a special friend,

You knew that, I knew that,
Only I knew something more.
I knew that I adored you and I have forever.
You complain because you can’t find the "right girl."
I guess friendship makes you go blind to see,
what’s standing right in front of you.”

You see… I’ve been crushing on my best (guy) friend for…. Well… As long as I can remember. I’ve been with him through every broken heart life has handed him and it kills me every time. I don’t understand why he goes for everything with ovaries but the thing that could be good for him he passes up without a second look.

Help?

-Mad about You.




*props feet up on an ottoman and leans back in her chair*

*eats a spoonful of Cherry Garcia ice cream straight from the carton*



Dear Mad About Him,

My poor darling.
One of life's greatest injustices is that loving someone doesn't give you any right to their love in return. You can fall head over heals for someone, you can offer all the love in your heart, you can be the best thing that would ever happen to them, but if they turn it all down, that's their right. You can't even be angry at them.
See? Totally unfair.

Here's a few ways to soften the blow.
Remember that in some ways, loving someone is it's own reward. You learn more about yourself, you get that wonderful rush of butterflies and daydreams.
Remind yourself how much more to life there is. Swings in the playground, trees, late night girl-talk phone calls, sliding on time floors in your socks, all these things have nothing to do with your love life.
Spend more time with your friends. This is not only a very effective distraction, it makes you look even more fascinating and attractive, in that "got places to go and people to see" sort of way.
Remember that the story of You and Him aren't over until one of you is dead. Life has a lot of twists and turns.
And never forget that life might be unfair at times, but it often makes it up to you, in the form of dear friends and Ben and Jerry's.
Cuddles and air kisses and all my love to you!

Adorably,
Miss VJ


*luxuriates in another bite of ice cream*

Next question, please.


3 Comments:

Blogger michael.dufel said...

Some things just suck really badly. This is one of them. Perhaps you should put down the damn ice cream for a second and ponder on how incredibly sucky this really is. Sometimes there is just really nothing to say.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*puts down ice cream*

*says nothing*

*hugs Dufel for awhile*

Blogger Karen said...

aww awww i really like the things you said there vj, i could totally agree and it really does sucks having to love someone who doesn't love you back coz i can totally relate to it.. but that's life. For me i'll just be happy to love that someone and be there for him through all the time that he needs me.

Post a Comment

<< Home