Friday, July 28, 2006
Another Actual Conversation
My Homie in Marketing - "You know, I didn't recognize the Mayor right away."

Receptionist - "I didn't either, but I saw the Shark right off. No mistaking him. So I just looked to see who he was circling."

My Homie in Marketing - "The Shark? What's the Shark?"

Receptionist - "Oh, his campaign manager/chief of staff. I call them his Shark. See, as a teenager I knew a lot of politicians, I volunteered on a few campaigns and my dad worked with some. And every politician has a Shark. It's a beady-eyed man with bags under his eyes, who never stops moving, especially his eyes. He sticks to the politician like glue. Back then he always had a dark brown leather zip-up binder under his arm, now it's a palm pilot or something."

My Homie in Marketing - "What does he do?"

Receptionist - "He plays bad cop. If some old woman who made a sizable contribution to his campaign, and now wants to talk his ear off about her grandchildren, or beach house remodel, then the Shark comes over and hauls him off, and the old biddy doesn't get mad at the politician himself. He taps his watch when it's time to leave, so the politician can look regretful. He manhandles and corrals and parades the politician, and makes all his demands for him, so the politician doesn't look diva-esque. Basically, he gets mad for him."

My Homie in Marketing - *eyes are all lit up*

Receptionist - "My Homie, how the hell are you NOT a Shark?"

My Homie in Marketing - "I don't know. I just don't know.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home